A writer’s block: “the condition of being unable to think of what to write or how to proceed with writing” appears on my phone’s screen when Googling its definition. I have done some writing these past few months: a few draft posts sit on this website and homework assignments were done for an online course. But writing here is of a different genre and how to proceed stumps me. So, perhaps I need to start somewhere, and thus, I begin with a list.
Things that happened these past few months I could write I about if I choose to do so:
- a cool gorgeous spring that has produced lush, green plants, trees, and flowers and even blooms from plants that didn’t do much last year
- a third-time experiment on my flower beds –moving perennials around and picking different colors for annuals (and finally knowing the difference)
- an unexpected and unplanned end of a part-time job which taught me much in many areas
- a continual understanding of Gerontology (“the scientific study of old age, the process of aging, and the particular problems of old people”) and dementia with the desire to get a job in this field
- the soon completion of 3 years back in the USA and still wondering what my place and role is here
- the realization that my life will always have to be one of trust and faith in the One who says He loves me and who knows what will happen even though I can’t seem to figure things out
- the insights, life lessons and questions I have as I take my time pondering verses in the Pentateuch and other parts of the Bible
- the amazement of new birth and life with the arrival of my second great-nephew and the fun of a 2 1/2 year old exploring life and language
- the finality and sadness of death with the departure to heaven of my sister, Janice, whose burial was yesterday
So, I desire to begin writing again, and just maybe this will get me going.